i recently went to amelia island with a group fo my girlfriends for the weekend. i plan to spend more time here and will update this list as i explore new spots. here is where i went so far:
where i ate & drank
- the patio: we stopped here for a pre-dinner drink before our dinner reservation at burlingame, which was just a quick walk away. the bartenders were very friendly and helpful. we sat outside and enjoyed live music.
- burlingame: went here for dinner with friends. we sat outside on the patio and shared the snapper, charred octopus, caprese, fried brussel sprouts, and tagliatelle. the restaurant is in a historic home in downtown fernandina beach, giving it an intimate vibe. i really enjoyed it and will definitely be back. the bar looked like a great spot to post up too.
- green turtle tavern: after dinner, we walked around downtown fernandina for a bit and saw lots of fun-looking bars, ice cream shops, and boutiques. i am really looking forward to spending more time in this area. we heard a really fun cover band playing down the street and stumbled upon the green turtle tavern. everyone here was so friendly. it was a casual, mellow vibe with indoor/outdoor areas and the perfect way to end the night.
- the lobby bar at the ritz-carlton: the lobby bar has delicious fresh sushi, sashimi, and nigiri. i ordered the with a twist roll and edamame. they also serve their signature smoked old-fashioned (not my thing, but seems cool for someone who is into that).
- the surf: this is a casual, beachy spot. i went here for lunch and enjoyed live music and the laid-back atmosphere.
where i shopped
- driftwood surf shop (i lost my sunglasses in the ocean and needed to buy new ones…this shop had lots to choose from!)
things to do
- this weekend we treated ourselves to a relaxing spa day at the ritz-carlton.
- when i went to amelia island over MDW, we went deep sea fishing out of the marina.
- other activities that i have not done yet in amelia island but hope to soon:
- horseback riding on the beach
- fort clinch state park