where i stayed
- the roosevelt hotel
- air bnb
fun things i’ve done in NOLA
- mardi gras (!)
- walked along the MS river and through the french quarter
- went on a carriage ride ghost tour through the french quarter
- went for a long and leisurely walk through audobon park
where i eat & drink
- josephine estelle: i had dinner here with two of my girlfriends. we shared a bunch of phenomenal southern-inspired italian dishes. my favorite was the canestri pasta (cacio e pepe).
- peche: this is a beautiful spot for a seafood dinner. really relaxing but sophisticated atmosphere.
- meauxbar: fun and chic spot for french-inspired brunch.
- arnaud’s: classic french quarter new orleans with jazz music and an upscale vibe.
- pat o’brien’s: relax and enjoy a hurricane. or don’t, if you’d rather not wake up with a pounding headache and regret.
- brennan’s: i came here for happy hour and enjoyed the indoor/outdoor seating options. lively feel and a new orleans classic.
- tableau: here, i got a po boy bigger than me, ate a loaf of french bread, and sipped on ginger ale while my boyfriend laughed at me for always letting new orleans get the best of me. i regret nothing.
- humble bagel: being from new jersey, i am constantly on the lookout for a good bagel situation. these do not disappoint.
- the bulldog: a solid option for beer and snacks.
- juan’s flying burrito: chips! margs!
where i shop
- nola couture
where i buy books
- crescent city books
- dauphine street books