required reading: south of broad by pat conroy
where i eat & drink
- the grand bohemian hotel: beautiful views, great bar and restaurant
- the restoration hotel: same as above
- prohibition hotel: same as above
- the darling oyster bar: just as it sounds
- caviar & bananas: market, really good lunch spot for salad/sandwich and glass of wine. i love to get their mozzarella and tomato sandwich on a baguette.
- kilwins: chocolate, caramel apples, fudge. my favorite things to order is a green apple with caramel and peanuts.
- minero: amazing mexican food, really fun atmosphere. they have a giant burrito on the menu.
- cannon green: beautiful inside, looks like a garden, bar and restaurant, great service. i came here after i graduated from law school and the servers made it very special by bringing me champagne to celebrate. the ceviche here was insanely fresh.
- amen street fish & raw bar: good seafood, nice outside seating area, fun bar. this is a good place to get oysters.
- leon’s: really good hole in the wall; seafood, great bloody mary’s
where i shop
start on king street. you’ll find most of the good stuff there. some of my favorites:
- copper penny: boutique
- vans (let me live)
- candlefish (their candles are amazing, anthro sells this brand)
- shooz by copper penny: boutique
- las olas: really cute bathing suits, dresses, rompers, etc.
- house of sage: boutique
- tres carmen: boutique
- v2v: boutique
- scout & molly’s: boutique
fun things to do
- fort sumter tour
- home tour
- civil war/history tour
- ghost tour
- the battery park/gazebo
where i drink coffee
- carmella’s (this is also a restaurant/bar)
- the rise coffee bar at the restoration hotel
- the vendue: is a hotel but i am pretty sure there is a very cute coffee shop either inside of it or next to it
favorite bookstore: blue bicycle books